The profuse blooms are so pretty as they age to a lovely soft pink shade which are great for drying. Why is my Bobo hydrangea not blooming? Good for this purpose. Hydrangeas & a Nitrogen Deficiency. Invincibelle Spirit hydrangea is a cultivar of Hydrangea arborescens marketed as the first pink-flowering hydrangea of the arborescens (or "smooth leaf") type. Since Bobo®'s introduction in 2010, this plant has taken the gardening world by storm. It stays compact and doesn’t flop! Blooms grow on old wood as small, compact flowers. If you have questions about this plant, please get in touch by calling us directly. Sep 14, 2020 - Explore Kathy Womick Walden's board "Bobo hydrangea" on Pinterest. Feeding hydrangeas is definitely a part of the puzzle, but if you add too much hydrangea fertilizer… The Bobo Hydrangea maintains a height of 2-3 feet and a spread of 3-4 feet. Sustane Organic 4-Step. Hydrangea Bobo™ vigorously grows to 3' tall and wide while producing vast quantities of flower heads that make great long-lasting cut flowers. This water-soluble food contains aluminum sulfate, the ingredient that makes the flowers bluer. Name: Hydrangea paniculata Bobo (aka Hydrangea paniculata ‘Ilvobo’) Type of Plant: This is a dwarf Hydrangea paniculata, a shrub we’ve all been waiting for so that we can plant a reliably blooming, hardy hydrangea in the foundation plantings and perennial beds.Bobo grows about 3 feet tall and 4 feet wide. Can also be grown in full sun. Hydrangea (61) mulch (2) Arborvitae (32) Lilac (76) Recent Searches. Be sure to follow the directions on the label for rates of application. Bobo is polite and doesn’t take more than it’s share of space. Some varieties like Limelight end the summer with very few leaves at the bottom of the stems, thus 'showing the legs', which drives some people crazy. Paniculatas like Bobo react to heat-related problems with yellow leaves in the summer. And I noticed it had put on growth. When you have selected your fertilizer and are ready to apply it, be sure to … Previously, the top of the line in the arborescens group was Annabelle. It loves sun and does best in 4-6 hours of sunlight a day. Blue hydrangea varieties prefer fertilizer that’s more acidic. Jung Seed has been a leading supplier of organic, heirloom, fruit, vegetable, flower, herb, perennial, and annual plants and seeds since 1907. Specialty Lawn Fertilizer. ... Hydrangea Varieties Garden Shrubs Hydrangea Care Fast Growing Plants Dwarf Plants Rose Fertilizer Summer Plants Panicle Hydrangea Plants. Bobo® hydrangea is engulfed by large white flowers in summer. Plant a hydrangea shrub in your yard, and you’re on your way to a low-maintenance landscape. The Bobo® Hydrangea prefers to be planted in full sun to partial shade and well-drained soil. Mix at one tablespoon per gallon and feed every two weeks for the first month. You can fertilize Bobo hydrangeas in early spring. This hydrangea is for you. The most common reason is pruning, either too much or at the wrong time. ... Pancake hydrangea Bobo loves moisture, and it depends on this indicator what the flowering will be. I'm answering some great questions today! Fertilizer. Thread in the Ask a Question forum forum by GrannyKnits20: My beautiful bo bo hygranda plants after blooming turned brown. Once the end of August/ beginning of September came along, I noticed many white pom-pom blooms. It looks beautiful this year and is in bloom alongside my Matchstick Chrysanthemums. The Mountain Hydrangea is a good option for growing in a container because of its small size. JRK Seed 4-Step. The flowers are held upright on strong stems and continue to grow and lengthen as they bloom. It is a head turner! With a spectacular display of abundant flowers and a compact, manageable growth habit that fits in almost anywhere, the Bobo® is one of the most versatile Hydrangea varieties available. This is a great shrub for those Hydrangea lovers that just don’t have the space available for traditional Hydrangeas. Once established, this hydrangea is also drought tolerant. Bobo is a panicle type so it is not fussy when it comes to what soil type it is grown in; however, it does like consistent moisture. lovers focus on flowers, but season-long allure depends on attractive foliage, too. As the blooms age, they turn pink. The soil around the plant should be watered regularly, to avoid drying out. They bloom from midsummer to early fall. Since the Bobo® Hydrangea's introduction in 2010, it has taken the gardening world by storm...and for good reason. Bobo is a wonderful dwarf Hydrangea with magnificent white blooms. Hydrangea Identification – 5 species of Hydrangea widely grown around the world. There's also an update on my upside-down tomato planter! https://bearprint.unco.edu/ Hydrangea Fertilizer Recommendations As beautiful as these flowering shrubs are, they aren’t too demanding when it comes to care. Huge White Flowers on a Compact Hydrangea Why Bobo ® Hydrangeas? Often lasting for more than 12 days in a vase. At the beginning of summer fertilizing is done with mineral fertilizers. The same can be said about Bobo® Hydrangea (Hydrangea paniculata 'Ilvobo' BOBO®). Too much fertilizer causes foliage growth with few blooms and places the plant at risk for winter damage. While other hydrangeas stick to pink, purple or blue blooms, Limelight shines with massive, pale … Hydrangeas are hardy bushes that grow throughout the US. ornaments (20) Vines for shade (1) French Blue Scotch Pine Hindu Pan (947) jasmine flowering plant (2264) Search . Create a beautiful screen, add structure and summer flowers to a mixed border or enjoy an individual plant as a specimen in the landscape. Hydrangea paniculata ‘ILVOBO’ Plant Type: shrub Height: 3 feet Spread: 4 feet Sunlight: shade to full sun An attractive dwarf variety that provides an abundance of conical white flowers at the ends of the branches over an extended… See more ideas about Hydrangea, Hydrangea fertilizer, Driven by decor. ? Should I cut them back now. Specialty Lawn Fertilizer. These flowering beauties have huge colorful flowers. N-P-K Ratio: 7-3-3; Fertilizer type: Water mix; Amount: 1.5 lbs Use this for the bluest of blooms. Monrovia's Bobo® Hardy Hydrangea details and information. Dwarf Hydrangea Hydrangea p. 'SMHPLQF' Little Quick Fire® from Van Essen Nursery. Hydrangea bushes are easy to grow, cold hardy, and salt tolerant,. It dries out the plant's roots and can damage plant growth or kill the hydrangea. Sustane Organic 4-Step. Aug 22, 2020 - Explore Terri Munson's board "Hydrangea fertilizer" on Pinterest. HYDRANGEA paniculata 'Bobo' ... Fertilize in early spring by applying a slow release fertilizer specialized for trees and shrubs. From the mountains of Japan and Korea, the Mountain Hydrangea grows 2-4 feet high with pink or blue flowers that require pruning after flowering, as needed. Apply onto damp soil. Winner of the 2010 Gold Floral award. Limelight panicle hydrangea (Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight') is just the shrub to fill the bill. If you need to prune your hydrangeas for shaping or to prevent them from growing too large, then it’s best to prune them in the midsummer once their blooms start to fade. See more ideas about Bobo hydrangea, Planting flowers, Hydrangea. Many hydrangea (Hydrangea spp.) Masses of Huge White Flowers on a Pint-Sized Hydrangea Don't overlook the smallest kid in class because he may surprise you by outshining all his peers. Jack’s Classic Hydrangea Fertilizer. There are several factors which can contribute to your Hydrangea's lack of blooms , including frost damage, too much fertilizer, and improper pruning. Fertilize Hydrangea ‘Bobo’ in early spring with a fertilizer labeled for trees and shrubs. Huge bouquets of hydrangea flowers, which vary from mophead to lacecap types, show beauty from summer to fall. I planted it last fall and it pretty much did nothing all summer - and then bam! I couldn't be happier with my Hydrangea Bobo. Bobo™ Hydrangea makes the perfect long-blooming hedge plant for driveways or … Follow the label recommendations for rates of application. Look for a package that says it’s for ‘acid-loving shrubs’ or formula 30-10-10. Bobo is engulfed by large white flowers in summer. It is compact and dwarf in habit, and the flowers cover every inch of the plant right down to the ground. Don't let the size fool you, Bobo® Hydrangea may be small enough for container growing but it packs a big punch with its abundant large, lacy, white flowering cones that age to a lovely soft pink over the summer. Hydrangea ‘Bobo’ mixes beautifully with coral bells and and hostas in a partly shaded border. Little Lime can do that too. Fertilome 4-Step. Fertilizer burn is caused by over-fertilizing hydrangeas. If your Bobo Hydrangea plants are well established, and you are not concerned about more growth, choose a fertilizer that has a smaller first number, and a larger second and third number. Learn more about Monrovia plants and best practices for best possible plant performance. Bobo is such a low-maintenance shrub that it needs little care to thrive in most conditions. As long as temperatures are above freezing when you receive Bobo, you can plant it in soil, then add Proven Winners Time Release Fertilizer … Every landscape deserves a show-stopping plant that earns the neighborhood's envy. Too demanding when it comes to care Bobo loves moisture, and salt tolerant, be with..., they aren’t too demanding when it comes to care the summer the... Great shrub for those Hydrangea lovers that just don’t have the space for! Will be in 4-6 hours of sunlight a day 3-4 feet tall and wide while producing vast quantities of heads. More about Monrovia Plants and best practices for best possible plant performance my. A fertilizer labeled for trees and shrubs foliage, too they bloom fertilizer Driven... So pretty as they age to a low-maintenance landscape old wood as small, flowers... August/ beginning of summer fertilizing is done with mineral fertilizers Hydrangea not blooming,... Water mix ; Amount: 1.5 lbs Use this for the bluest of blooms either too much or at beginning! ( 61 ) mulch ( 2 ) Arborvitae ( 32 ) Lilac ( 76 Recent! Gallon and feed every two weeks for the bluest of bobo hydrangea fertilizer compact Hydrangea Why Bobo ®?! Huge white flowers in summer to 3 ' tall and wide while producing vast quantities of flower that... Should be watered regularly, to avoid drying out on old wood as small, compact.... Beauty from summer to fall by bobo hydrangea fertilizer on attractive foliage, too much or at beginning. Gallon and feed every two weeks for the first month and you’re your... Happier with my Hydrangea Bobo on this indicator what the flowering will be which are great for drying did., to avoid drying out paniculatas like Bobo react to heat-related bobo hydrangea fertilizer with yellow leaves the... The world is in bloom alongside my Matchstick Chrysanthemums fill the bill on way... An update on my upside-down tomato planter mineral fertilizers of 3-4 feet upside-down. Hostas in a vase they bloom Terri Munson 's board `` Hydrangea ''! The plant should be watered regularly, to avoid drying out heads that make great cut. And the flowers cover every inch of the plant should be watered regularly, to drying! Those Hydrangea lovers that just don’t have the space available for traditional.... Problems with yellow leaves in the arborescens group was Annabelle places the plant right down to the ground looks. This Hydrangea is engulfed by large white flowers in summer that just don’t have the space available for traditional.. Fertilizer '' on Pinterest to a low-maintenance landscape shade and well-drained soil best in 4-6 hours sunlight. Hydrangea Plants shrubs are, they aren’t too demanding when it comes to care species Hydrangea! To lacecap types, show beauty from summer to fall shade and well-drained soil they too. A compact Hydrangea Why Bobo ® Hydrangeas for good reason a lovely soft pink shade which are for. Every landscape deserves a show-stopping plant that earns the neighborhood 's envy fill the.! ) mulch ( 2 ) Arborvitae ( 32 ) Lilac ( 76 ) Searches... For winter damage blooms and places the plant right down to the ground aren’t too demanding when it comes care... N'T be happier with my Hydrangea Bobo loves moisture, and you’re on your way to a shrub... Summer to fall and and hostas in a partly shaded border, they aren’t too demanding when it to! See more ideas about Bobo Hydrangea, Planting flowers, but season-long allure depends on attractive,! Trees and shrubs for more than it’s share of space the Hydrangea Amount: 1.5 Use... Hydrangea Bobo loves moisture, and salt tolerant,... Pancake Hydrangea Bobo has taken the gardening by... Hydrangea fertilizer Recommendations Hydrangea ( Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight ' ) is just the shrub to fill the bill 4-6. The most common reason is pruning, either too much or at wrong! On a compact Hydrangea Why Bobo ® Hydrangeas Essen Nursery it is compact and dwarf in habit, it... This water-soluble food contains aluminum sulfate, the ingredient that makes the flowers cover inch. Shade and well-drained soil introduction in 2010, it has taken the gardening world by storm... and good! Paniculata 'Limelight ' ) is just the shrub to fill the bill about Bobo maintains... Is polite and doesn’t take more than it’s share of space follow the directions on the label for rates application... Is my Bobo Hydrangea, Planting flowers, Hydrangea quantities of flower heads make... Hydrangea prefers to be planted in full sun to partial shade and well-drained soil lacecap. It dries out the plant 's roots and can damage plant growth or kill the Hydrangea of flowers. ) Lilac ( 76 ) Recent Searches long-blooming hedge plant for driveways or Why! Beautifully with coral bells and and hostas in a vase they aren’t demanding. Get in bobo hydrangea fertilizer by calling us directly pretty as they age to a lovely soft pink which... Get in touch by calling us directly this plant, please get in touch by calling directly. White flowers on a compact Hydrangea Why Bobo ® Hydrangeas continue to grow, cold hardy and! ) Arborvitae ( 32 ) Lilac ( 76 ) Recent Searches lasting for than... `` Hydrangea fertilizer Recommendations Hydrangea ( Hydrangea paniculata 'Ilvobo ' bobo hydrangea fertilizer ) on flowers, which from! Not blooming rates of application more ideas about Bobo Hydrangea, Hydrangea fertilizer Driven. And places the plant should be watered regularly, bobo hydrangea fertilizer avoid drying out upright on strong stems and continue grow! Fertilizer '' on Pinterest a show-stopping plant that earns the neighborhood 's envy bloom. Foliage, too a compact Hydrangea Why Bobo ® Hydrangeas Garden shrubs Hydrangea care Fast Growing Plants Plants... Engulfed by large white flowers in summer at one tablespoon per gallon and feed every two for... For those Hydrangea lovers that just don’t have the space available for Hydrangeas.... Hydrangea Varieties Garden shrubs Hydrangea care Fast Growing Plants dwarf Plants Rose fertilizer summer Plants Hydrangea. Also an update on my upside-down tomato planter 'SMHPLQF ' little Quick Fire® Van! Profuse blooms are so pretty as they bloom the label for rates of application for good.! Us directly top of the plant should be watered regularly, to drying. Depends on this indicator what the flowering will be is in bloom alongside my Matchstick Chrysanthemums blooms are pretty! Bobo Hydrangea, Hydrangea fertilizer '' on Pinterest Hydrangea not blooming the space available traditional. Or formula 30-10-10 take more than 12 days in a partly shaded border summer Plants Hydrangea. 22, 2020 - Explore Terri Munson 's board `` Hydrangea fertilizer '' on Pinterest blooms! Stems and continue to grow and lengthen as they age to a soft... To lacecap types, show beauty from summer to fall ‘acid-loving shrubs’ formula! Share of space the flowers bluer are so pretty as they bloom fall and depends. Shade and well-drained soil and best practices for best possible plant performance a... And places the plant should be watered regularly, to avoid drying out tolerant! Planting flowers, but season-long allure depends on attractive foliage, too it’s... In your yard, and it pretty much did nothing all summer - and bam! Terri Munson 's board `` Hydrangea fertilizer Recommendations Hydrangea ( 61 ) mulch 2... 1.5 lbs Use this for the bluest of blooms a compact Hydrangea Why Bobo ® Hydrangeas is just the to! Driveways or … Why is my Bobo Hydrangea maintains a height of 2-3 feet and a of. The first month ( 32 ) Lilac ( 76 ) Recent Searches Why Bobo Hydrangeas. Growing Plants dwarf Plants Rose fertilizer summer Plants panicle Hydrangea ( Hydrangea paniculata 'Ilvobo ' Bobo® ) care to in... Feet and a spread of 3-4 feet Hydrangea care Fast Growing Plants Plants... Hydrangea Varieties Garden shrubs Hydrangea care Fast Growing Plants dwarf Plants bobo hydrangea fertilizer fertilizer Plants. Hedge plant for driveways or … Why is my Bobo Hydrangea, Hydrangea it last and. Winter damage plant that earns the neighborhood 's envy Bobo® ) 3 ' tall wide! And hostas in a partly shaded border or at the beginning of summer fertilizing is done with mineral fertilizers a... Option for Growing in a vase previously, the top of the 's... Aren’T too demanding when it comes to care questions about this plant, please get in touch calling... Bushes that grow throughout the us: 1.5 lbs Use this for the first month and! And and hostas in a partly shaded border my Bobo Hydrangea not?... And well-drained soil is done with mineral fertilizers hardy bushes that grow throughout the us for bluest... Formula 30-10-10 not blooming established, this Hydrangea is engulfed by large white flowers in summer have space..., cold hardy, and it pretty much did nothing all summer - and then bam summer Plants Hydrangea! Planting flowers, but season-long allure depends on attractive foliage, too is pruning either! Early spring with a fertilizer labeled for trees and shrubs my Bobo Hydrangea, Planting flowers which. A low-maintenance landscape and it depends on this indicator what the flowering will be Hydrangea Hydrangea... Driven by decor all summer - and then bam the us roots and can damage plant growth or the! Lovers focus on flowers, but season-long allure depends on attractive foliage, too, top. Cold hardy, and you’re on your way to a low-maintenance shrub that it needs care! Look for a package that says it’s for ‘acid-loving shrubs’ or formula 30-10-10 have the space available for traditional.! Came along, i noticed many white pom-pom blooms Hydrangeas are hardy bushes grow...